January 5, 2022
Dear Family and Friends,
As we continue to face the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Shields Nursing Centers remains committed to providing your loved ones with the quality care and safety that they deserve, and we empathize with any inconveniences you may be facing. We understand the importance of visiting your loved ones.
The following information is the most recent Public Health Order from California Department of Public Health, which is effective January 7, 2022, regarding visitation in Skilled Nursing Facilities:
- Visitors are required to provide proof of vaccination (including booster) and evidence of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test within one day of visitation for antigen tests or within two days of visitation for PCR tests.
- Visitors who are not vaccinated will be allowed outdoor visitation only and must provide evidence of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test within one day of visitation for antigen tests or within two days of visitation for PCR tests.
- All visitation is by appointment only at this time. Drop-in visits are not allowed.
- Visiting hours are from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Monday to Sunday.
- Please limit your visit to one hour only.
- All visitors (regardless of vaccination status) are required to wear a surgical mask or N95 respirator during their entire visit.
If you have any questions or need to make an appointment for visitation, please contact our Social Services Departments: Richmond facility (510) 233-8513 ext. 2212 (Aaron) or (510) 233-8513 ext. 2319 (Sabrina). El Cerrito facility (510) 525-3212 ext. 3304 (Joss).
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Shields Nursing Centers – Management Team
When choosing a skilled nursing facility, whether for short term healing and rehabilitation or for longer term care, you want to be confident that you or your loved one will receive excellent care in a warm and loving environment. As a family owned and operated company, our personal commitment is evident when you enter our facilities.
We encourage you to come and tour Shields nursing centers, review our annual inspection reports, talk to our residents and staff and see for yourself the strong commitment we have made toward the comfort and well-being of our residents.
Please give us a call to schedule a tour or drop in at your convenience.
Shields Nursing Centers, rated 5 Stars (out of 5) by Medicare.gov