Advanced Therapies, Compassionate Care
We know that when you are choosing a skilled nursing facility you want to be sure you will receive excellent medical care.
5 Star Rating
2015 winner of Bronze AHCA/NCAL Nation Quality
Our Commitment To You…
Nothing should be more important to patients and families when choosing a skilled nursing facility than the treatment expertise required to address a patient’s specific nursing and rehabilitation needs. Since 1965, the Shields family has been providing high-quality skilled care to the residents of Contra Costa and Alameda counties. We focus on offering five-star service that maximizes recovery, comfort and choice.
At Shields Nursing Centers, you can be confident that you will be in the hands of health care professionals who are committed to enhancing physical and emotional wellness for all of our patients. Our compassionate team includes physicians, nurses, therapists, psychologists, dietitians and social service personnel. We take great pride in our warm environment and excellent care.
Shields Nursing Centers are proud to offer a wound care physician and psychologist, in addition to our medical director and excellent staff.
- Clinical Care: Post Surgical Care, Intravenous Therapy, Tracheotomy Care, Pain Management, Parenteral TPN/PPN Therapy.
- Wound Care: Wound care surgeon on staff that provides ongoing wound care. Clinical treatment for surgical incisions, pressure ulcers, diabetic wounds and stasis ulcers.
- Custodial Care: Daily assistance for our residents that need help as their activities become diminished: grooming, showering, eating and dressing.
- Hospice Care: Palliative care for our residents in final stages of life, supported by our team of nurses, social service department, clergy or an assigned hospice agency.
- Respite Care Programs: Short-term stays provide families and caregivers with the opportunity to take a vacation or a break from the daily demands of care-giving. Minimum stay – one week.
- Activity Programs: A wide variety of satisfying, enjoyable and stimulating activities are designed to meet the specific needs and wishes of our residents: religious services, socials, movies, outings, music, exercise, games, candlelight dining events, sporting events and much more.
- Social Services: Individual and family assistance with transportation, financial questions and community referral resources. Discharge planning to the home or back to the community. Psychological counseling provided by referral.
- Dietary: Our dietary department provides nutritious and appetizing meals, special therapeutic diets and feeding programs. Alternate meal choices and Select Menu are available.
Advanced Therapies, Compassionate Care.
It’s what you expect from our family environment and it is our commitment to residents, families, other health facilities and the community.
To provide high-quality services through cutting-edge technology, high-level training of our staff, partnerships with highly trained healthcare professionals who understand the needs of our clientele, and to provide "Advanced Therapies and Compassionate Care" to every resident and the community we serve.
Every person that comes in contact with our Shields' facilities is treated with respect, dignity, kindness, and the highest level of customer service.
Transparency in our delivery of care, upholding our high standards of moral and ethical conduct.
Our clientele can rely on our highly-skilled team of professionals to provide them with excellent, customized care and attention.
Our pursuit of excellence never ceases, we are always learning, always growing, and always measuring our progress towards this goal.
One Team, One Mission!
Letter from the CEO
The Health Care environment is ever changing, and it has become evident that successful alliances are paramount in the pursuit of excellence in the deliverance of quality care to the communities we serve. Shields continues to explore relationships with companies that share this vision and commitment. Working together hand-in-hand will ensure that our clientele receives a high standard of care that our team can take pride in.
Caring for an older family member often requires teamwork. While one sibling might be local and take on most of the everyday caregiving responsibilities, a long-distance
You see ads for miracle drugs everywhere these days—supplements that claim to stop or reverse aging, or make aches and pains disappear like magic!
Between 5% and 20% of people in the U.S. get the flu each year. The flu can be serious or even deadly for elderly people, and people with certain chronic illnesses.